Join us for the Black Forest Grand Tour in the scenic valley of the little river Kinzig. We will cover all different aspects of life in the black forest on this tour.
The Black Forest Grand Tour Begins On Cobblestones…
The Black Forest Grand Tour from Baden Baden is a perfect way to enjoy our region. Do you know why the black forest is called black forest? On this tour you will learn this and so much more.
We will start the Black Forest Grand Tour in Gengenbach. With its marvelous houses and romantic little lanes it has even attracted the attention of Hollywood: many scenes of the 2005 movie “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” were filmed here. On a walking tour on the cobblestones of this picturesque small town you will learn about how tax laws affected the way burghers built their houses, how people dealt with daily concerns like garbage & disease and why half-timbered houses were a clever mode of construction. We will have a look at the lives of knights and monks as well as merchants and beggars in a black forest town.
…And Finishes On Country Lanes
From Gengenbach the black forest grand tour will continue to the Käppelehof, an old farmhouse which was turned into an Inn over 300 years ago. A traditional 3-course lunch in this breath taking setting will attune you to the afternoon when we walk the country lanes of the “Vogtsbauernhof”, the black forest open air museum in Gutach. In 1963, a local farmhouse dating back to 1612 was turned into a museum and in the following decades more old farmhouses from all parts of the black forest were transported to Gutach and reassembled.
Nowadays, the black forest open air museum offers unique insights into rural life in the black forest in former centuries. On the black forest grand tour your guide will take you through the most important houses and bring the daily chores of the farmers to life for you. The black forest grand tour will leave you with a true appreciation for the hardships of life in one of the most beautiful regionsin Germany in the past.
This tour is available all year round.
Itinerary of The Black Forest Grand Tour
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Gengenbach in the Kinzig Valley of the black forest
- Guided Walk in Gengenbach including the old town and the monastery
- Scenic drive through the Kinzig Tal to Käppelehof
- Traditional three-course lunch with breath taking views over the black forest
- Transfer to the black forest open air museum
- Guided tour of the black forest open air museum
- Coffee break with a slice of black forest gateau, our traditional signature cake
- Transfer back to your hotel
- Minimum Number of Guests: 2
- Maximum Number of Guests: 8
- Smaller / Larger Groups: on request
- Duration: 2 hrs
- Price: from $299,- per group